Keeping updated with latest issues - my way

Some friends ask me about how do I keep myself updated with recent news/global or local issues/humour/latest technology & etc...

Maybe some of you already know these methods but I'm writing this post with my little knowledge for some of my friends to give them some ideas.

Warning:  This is NOT a professionally written post and may NOT 100% correct because as I stated just now this post is just to share some ideas with my friends.

No need to do all in the below list but as you explore more you will find more ways on how to keep yourself updated with the recent issues of your interests.

1. Using Google Reader to subscribe to interesting websites
When I found any interesting websites or blogs, I'll subscribe to the site. I'm using Google Reader to subscribe the site. Some people may prefer to use other RSS feed service but as sometimes I cannot find the RSS feed logo in the website so I just add the link into my Google Reader account https://www.google.com/reader/view/?hl=en&tab=my#overview-page.

2. Using StumbleUpon to subscribe to my interests
In Malaysia, there are not many people who know or use StumbleUpon (http://www.stumbleupon.com/) as the website is not that famous here compared to some other regions. It is such a loss that you can actually find many great & interesting stuffs from there. Once you register, you can choose as many interests that you want to subscribe from the provided list. You can also add interest that is not provided in the list. You'll see the list of posts/websites that are tagged with the keywords that is related to your interest. These websites/webpages are submitted by StumbleUpon community. You can also submit link of any interesting webpages to be shared with  StumbleUpon community too.

3. Use Digg
Just go to Digg, register and subscribe to their feed. You'll receive newsletter email showing weekly top posts. At least just to know some major things happening in this world. :P

4. Facebook
I always click 'LIKE' to the FB pages that I found useful and interesting. Some people just don't know where to find good Facebook page, so the tips here is when you found interesting website - find their 'Facebook logo or Facebook 'LIKE' widget in the website & click 'LIKE'. Many websites and weblogs linked their website to their social network accounts. Facebook link - (http://www.facebook.com/).

5. Twitter
If you have Twitter account, just click 'Follow' to people that interest you or the one who always update about interesting stuff. At the right side of the Twitter website, you can find 'Trending Topics' and when you click the link you can see all the public posts talking about the topic. You can also search a topic on your own in the search box. You can find the real time updates related to the keywords that you search. Twitter link - http://twitter.com/.

6. Talk to other people!
... will continue later...

There's more on my list and InsyaAllah I'll update them later because I have chores to do now. TTFN.

P/s: 
1. “La Hawla Wa La Quwwata illa Billah” - "There is no initiative or capability except from God(Allah)"..


2. Kindly share the way you keep yourself updated with latest news/issues/interesting topics in the comment box below. Sharing is caring right? :)

1 comments:

haja, i'd love to subscribe any deals :P cos i love to shopping very2 much :P haha love- yan :P